OPTOMETRYLeighton Eye Clinic             HISTORY

Leighton Eye Clinic

7148 Lawyers Road

Charlotte, NC 28227

704-535-9252

The Leighton beginning of vision care started long before the opening of the first office in the mid 1950's. It began in a basement apartment with Dr. Charles Leighton's Father designing ideas that would become the basis for ANSI standards for lenses. Born of idea, Charles Leighton attended Columbia University and then the Massachusetts College of Optometry in Boston, Massachusetts. After serving in the United States Army, Charles Leighton moved his now family of wife Edwina and oldest son Michael to Charlotte, North Carolina. Dr. Charles opened his first office on 36th Street and later built the building many know as The Plaza Eye Clinic. The Plaza Eye Clinic served the residents of this community for almost fifty years. It closed for patient care on August 31, 2006.

In 1991, Dr. Steven J. Leighton joined the Plaza Eye Practice. Carefully mentored by his Father, Dr. Steven took the practice in a new direction with a concentration on anterior segment disease of the eye. Adding such services as Glaucoma, Diabetic Evaluations, and Treatment of other anterior ocular diseases the marriage of a newly hydrated practice took shape.

In 1993 Charles and Steven Leighton began construction on the Lawyers Road Office. Opening December 15, 1993, the Leighton Eye Clinic has continued the traditions shaped by the previous decades of professional eye care. Dr. Charles Leighton retired from the practice of Optometry in 1998.

Our philosophy is to provide the best possible Vision and Ocular care that our patients have come to know and deserve. We strive to meet our philosophy by listening to our patients needs, working diligently to meet the expectations of our patients all while maintaining a professional environment that is courteous and friendly.

 

 

|     Privacy Statement

|

Terms of Use     |